My bed rest isn't super strict, so the doctors allow me to get up and do little things in short bursts (take a shower, prepare a sandwich, take Abbie to dance class, etc.), but the majority of the day I have to remain horizontal. This is obviously difficult for me, hard on the kiddos who are not all used to mommy just laying around all day, and hard on Greg who has to take over all the domestic duties I usually do (cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.). Greg's so amazing - yesterday he came home in the evening after church and meetings, and then proceeded to prepare dinner, get the kids ready for bed, pick up the house, and sweep and mop the floors - I am so blessed!
Here are some specific ways you can pray for our family:
1) Please pray for Baby V #3 to continue to remain healthy and strong
2) Please pray for Rachel's bleeding to completely stop
3) Please pray for the doctor's to have wisdom in figuring out and treating the bleeding problem
4) Please pray for Christian and Abbie emotionally - particularly Christian is really struggling with a lot of anxiety
5) Please pray for Greg as he has to balance church work, seminary, caring for his family, and the household duties
I'm going to try to update our family's website regularly to let you all know how we're doing. If you're interested in keeping up with us then please click the RSS Feed (located on the upper right corner of this page just below our family picture) or just bookmark http://vrugginks.weebly.com and check this website regularly.
Thank you all so much for your love and prayers for our family!