Bible Story: Green - Grow
The Big Picture Story Bible – Pages 413-435
What three things does a plant need to grow and thrive?
- Soil – Have the children plant a flower in the dirt. Explain to the children that just as a flower must be planted in soil so we must first be planted in Jesus Christ – without being rooted in Jesus we can’t have true life. “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” John 15:4
- Sunlight – Have the children remove a box covering the flower. Explain to the children that just as a flower must have sunlight to be healthy and strong, so we must read the Bible to be healthy and strong Christians. “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105
- Water – Have the children water the flower. Explain to the children that just as a flower must have water to be refreshed, so we must spend time with other believers to be refreshed. Other Christians love one another, support each other, and encourage each other. When we come together to praise God and learn from God’s Word it refreshes our souls. “For I have derived much joy and comfort from your love, my brother, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through you.” Philemon 1:7
The Rizers have a fun, rocking song version of 2 Peter 3:18 that makes memorizing it a snap!
3 Black Pony Beads
3 Red Pony Beads
3 White Pony Beads
3 Gold Pony Beads
3 Green Pony Beads
12 inches of suede leather lace
1) Beforehand cut the leather and tie a knot several inches from the end.
2) Instruct the children to thread the colored beads onto their bracelets.
3) Tie a knot for the children at the end of their beads.
4) Thread two beads (any color) on one end of the chord. Thread the other end of the chord through the beads in the opposite direction. Tie knots on the ends of the chords (if the chords are really long cut down to size). Pulling the knots in the opposite directions will tighten the bracelet around the wrist to put on and take off easily.
Review Questions (download questions below)
2 Jenga Games